Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New Tech Support System

OK, I admit it -- I've been very bad at staying on top of tech support. Sure, I've been out on paternity leave, but really things have gotten far more out of hand than I had hoped they would. But as of today I'm gettin this ship turned around with the help of Zendesk.

There are a lot of new features and tools that I hope will help folks find solutions to problems they're having with our products. The Forums add an entirely new level to the support system that should help highlight important and useful information. There's also a completely open user-driven forum called Tips & Tricks that will be whatever people want to make of it. I'm hoping this will give them the opportunity to exchange their own great ideas. Also, commenting is available on almost all Forum entries so they can add their perspective to any issue we're working on.

On the back end, there are a lot of useful new admin tools that should bring things to light quicker and allow us to be much more responsive than we have been in the past. It also has a great toolkit for mobile use so even while I'm on the road I'll be able to stay on top of things (yay iPhone).

I've got the basic system up and running at http://rnsoft.zendesk.com and I think it should work much better than the old system. I'm going to transfer the support archive to it today and then I'll monitor it closely over the next few weeks. Let me know what you think.

No comments: